APE - A Great Experience And Other Sports Sedan Ramblings

Just wanted to relate what a great experience I had recently dealing with Alfa
Parts Exchange.  The Sports Sedan needed a new (used) exhaust manifold, the
old one being riddled with cracks from an improperly mounted exhaust system.

One quick phone call to APE produced a good used one, a credit card and $7.00
shipping delivered it to my door THE NEXT DAY - thank you APE!

The car came to me bearing gifts.  A brand new window winder, with cable, was
residing patiently in the trunk waiting for installation.  This was the second
time I've had to do this, and the second time seemed even harder than the
first......the service manual, also found in the trunk, was no help suggesting
that "only your authorized dealer should attempt this repair!"

The rear engine mount proved to be so inaccessible, I ended up pulling the
engine.  I could not tilt the engine downward enough without interference from
the steering rack.  The vacuum lines and wiring were so tangled anyway, now I
can clean and route everything the way it should be upon reassembly.  Pressure
washed the engine bay and I must say it's the cleanest "original" engine bay
I've seen in an Alfa!  The engine is next for a cleaning, maybe tonight.  The
whole car is exceptionally clean, the only rust being under the rear window
corners.

The nearly non-existent purchase price of this car justifies all my laborious
efforts (in my mind).  Everything to get the sedan back together is arriving
this week;  total investment thus far, including purchase price of car, is
$682.00 (would have saved $200.00 if I didn't have to buy that damned
catalytic converter....).  I'll post some pics soon.

Gregg
'74 Spider, getting neglected
'78 Sports Sedan, getting 2 week restoration
GTV6 engine getting dusty - any takers??