RE: DIY Classic Car Restoration Show

This is my first posting to this list.  I've been lurking here for the
past few days, just looking for the right opportunity to jump in to the
fray.  A brief intro is in order.

I'm a long time Alfisti, currently saddled with a paddock that includes
several Italian vehicles, none of which have more than two wheels.  That
will change soon though.  I've just finished a nearly three year
restoration of a 73 BMW 3.0 CS.   Hey, at least it's style is derivative
Bertone.  I was once "crewchief" and principal driver of my ex
girlfriends 86 Spider Veloce and have always lusted after Alfa Romeos.

The next vehicle we get will be an Alfa.  I'm hoping for a mid-60s to
early 70s GT, so either a Giulia Sprint GT or a 1750 GTV.  This will be
my wife's play car as she's in love with them too.........although she
did fall in love with the Montreal we saw last week at the Palo Alto
Concours.

Regarding the DIY show.  I watched every minute of it too, if only to
gaze at the beautiful subject of the show.

The content however, was nothing any member of this list would have been
impressed with.  There was virtually zero information of any interest.
It was an extremely "high level" example of how to restore a car, most
of it given from about the 10,000 foot level.  I can't imagine that
anyone who's ever restored a car would have gotten anything useful out
of it and anyone who hadn't would get themselves in serious trouble
attempting a restoration based on what they learned in that show.

Ciao!
TJ

PS-over on the CS coupe list, several months ago happened along a nice
chap named Tony Sims, who owns the other most beautiful car ever made =
).  His arrival stirred up lots of conversation and fun, and some good
casual ribbing too.  Here's hoping my presence might do the same for
this list.

TJ Noto		AFM #134  	Cowpoke Racing-"Friends in Slow Places"
95 Ducati 916 Strada
96 Ducati Monster 900 (Chela's)
61 Ducati Falcone 80
70 Norton Commando Fastback
73 BMW 3.0 CS ("deviated from museum reliquary standard"-Perez)
97 BMW Z3 (Chela's)
77 Mercedes 280C (Mimosa)
00 Ford F150 Supercab
87 Suzuki RG250 (For Sale!)

Of
> Ev-Arch1
> Sent: Thursday, June 27, 2002 6:20 PM
> To: alfa-digest@domain.elided
> Subject: DIY Classic Car Restoration Show
>
> Just surfing the tube, I was shocked to see what was apparently the
final
> episode of a series on classic car restoration on the 'Do It Yourself'
TV