CA abandoned car laws

Hi all..

Or, at least those who know about how things go in CA..

A while back, during a trip up into LA looking at a couple of Spiders.. I just chanced
running across what looks like an abandoned Milano. Parked in a building lot, off in the corner,
has a bunch of clothes and etc sitting in it.. and newspapers in the back seat from March! It sure
looks like it's been sitting there that long. I took as much data as I could. (VIN, plates, etc)

Kinda strange that the owner hasn't come by in that long... or that it hasn't been towed..

Anyway.. wondering if anyone knows how to find out if there is an owner who cares, and what to do
if there isn't. The car's pretty beat, been hit in the front slightly, in the rear a bit more.. a little rust.. still
has a sump attached.. so it's probably a questionable parts car.. But hate to see one just sitting there..

Jon