Milano temps

In a message dated 6/25/2002 10:16:16 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
owner-alfa-digest@domain.elided writes:

> Thanks to all who have replied to my question, but I'm getting more
> confused.  Some Milano owners have told me they get 200-212F and some are
> telling 175-190F.  I'm wondering if there is a temp. difference between the
> 2.5 and 3.0?  What exactly is "normal" running temp for a Milano (2.5 or
> 3.0) with the air on?  Also how cold is the air?  I've just converted to
> R134, it seems pretty cold when you turn it on, but it just doesn't cool
> the cabin temp enough.

My experience w/ 2.5 Milano: that engine runs cool all by itself.  No
overheating troubles even when the overfow bottle sprung a leak and bled the
coolant on a trip from LA to the Convention in Santa Fe in June across the
burning desert at high elevation a couple of years ago.  BTW, I think (YMMV)
all Alfa engines naturally run cool.  Fred said once that when they run a tad
hotter, that is actually better in some ways, so don't "sweat" it unless you
really have something terribly wrong and are steaming all the coolant away or
something.

Don't put too much stock in what the instruments report, they are not so
good.  I think what you want to be on the lookout for is a change in their
usual inaccurate reports.  If they stay the same, probably everything is
actually hunky-dory.

The A/C in a Milano should work very well indeed.  Don't know about a switch
to R134 or other alternative refrigerant, but I do know it was slightly
chilly in the cabin on a day in Tucson when it was 118F in the shade... and
the car showed no sign of running warmer than usual, either.

Good luck!

Charlie
LA, CA, USA