Re: Palo Alto Concours

Hello all-
I not only was there, I actually had the chutzpa to enter my 1750 Spider -
for judging!! I knew the car couldn't be competitive as I drove it 250 miles
to get there! Besides that, the engine compartment wasn't detailed out -
clean, but not detailed. It was the best Palo Alto Concours I have ever
attended, and I have been to many. The pre-WW II  Alfa display was beyond
belief. The 8C2900B from the Mozart collection was incredible with the
walnut dash and the machined aluminum trim on the sides. The 8C2500, a
previous Pebble Beach winner, wasn't too shabby either. Even tho my car
wasn't prize material, I had a great time as many attendees came by to
comment on how much they appreciated the "round tails." Mine was the only
1750 Spider on the ground and there was only one other Duetto there. Not to
brag, but if the class were only round tails, I think I would have won! Even
my wife said that she really enjoyed the cars and the event. I must say, the
I have never been to an event with a group of Alfas of such high quality -
there were two GTA Stradales, an impeccable 2600 Spider, two GTCs, many
Giulias and Giuliattas - the list goes on. You really had to be there!

--John Cecil
<jcecil@domain.elided>