Re[2]: Milano oil filter & others

On Mon, 24 Jun 2002 16:50:58 -0700 Ted Williams <tedw@domain.elided> wrote:

> "Oh, what kind of air should I use in my tires?" asks Zach
>
> Well...most certainly you know this....hot air...shouldn't be too hard
> for
> yah! ; )

i missed the original question, but it's not as dumb as it sounds.

race teams often use bottled nitrogen to fill tires. it's dry (won't change
its volume so much as the tires heat up) and the molecules are larger than
O2 so they don't leak the same way.

common compressed air (like at your garage) is usually "shop air", and is
full of water. a dryer in the line can make a big difference, that water
vapor can contribute to substantial increases in the volume of the air in
the tire.

people who drive really fast on race tracks sometimes care about this
stuff.

richard