Re: Bosch injected motor into 105 car

> Date: Fri, 21 Jun 2002 11:16:09 +0200
> From: Ian Ruinaard <iruinaard@domain.elided>
> Subject: 105 Berlina Retrofitting Modern Injection System
>
> Hi,
> I was wondering if anyone has ever fitted or considered fitting a 'Modern'
> Bosch or similar electronic injection system to a 105 series engine. My
> thinking was that it may give a better throttle response & low rpm 'Grunt'.
> I am building an Autocross/Rallysprint/Hillclimb car out of a 1970 Berlina
> (1750). The car will need more torque & manoeuvrability than all out top
> end. I don't know if it will be an improvement on a properly tuned set of 40
> Webers. (We never got the Spica injected cars in South Africa)
>
> Ian Ruinaard
> iruinaard@domain.elided

Hi.  New to the list and currently shopping for a car.  I did not do an
installation as suggested above but am considering for purchase a 74 GTV
that has an 80s spider Bosch injected motor installed.  It not surprisingly
seems to fit fine and passes CA emissions which is a benefit of a newer
Spider motor.  If I get serious about the car, I will ask to have a
pre-purchase inspection including compression tests done as I understand the
Bosch injection to be harder on the valves and valve seats since it is much
leaner than the other usual set ups.  I see no reason it wouldn't work in a
Berlina if it works in a 74 GTV.

Cheers,

Steve Thompson
P.O. Box 1707