Modified V6 ECU/sparkbox question

I have a question for any digesti with experience running modified ECUs in
their V6 cars:

I currently have a Pandora's Box ECU and sparkbox (actual name: ignition
advance control unit) on my Milano 2.5. It works fine but I have recently
moved to a higher elevation (Denver, CO) and am running fairly rich. I
suspect that at this elevation I really don't need the extra fuel enrichment
this ECU provides.

Is it OK to run a standard ECU with a modfied sparkbox? I don't want to
switch back to the standard spark box as I'm rather fond of the 7200 rpm rev
limiter on the Pandora's Box system. I don't see why this wouldn't work but
I'd like to hear from someone who's done it.

Grazie,

Joe Cabibbo <joe@domain.elided>
Website Content and Design
http://www.AlfaCentro.com