Re: fourteen years bad luck

Esteemed Digesti,
Up the New Jersey Parkway, around about milemarker 37, there lies the
rearview mirror that flew-off in my hand as I was adjusting it. The mirror
was a poor quality knock-off; the plastic moulding around the outside of the
glass let go once before, but not at 80mph.  This evening I scavenged my GTV
project car for it's side mirror, and as I was installing it, the *&%#@ thing
falls on the ground and the round glass breaks.

Oh well, in the Gumball Rally the Ferrari driver says: "wassa behinda me now,
does not matter."

Anybody ever get just the glass replaced in a vintage mirror? Come to think
of it, the interior rearview mirror would benefit from new glass as well. I
would be interested in anyone's feedback. Thanks.

Modelle in Somers Point