Re: Restoration begins in earnest

     Thanks for the comments, Biba. I got the Methylene Chloride at my PPG
dealer. I have even seen it once on the shelves of my local hardware store.
They call it Aircraft Stripper. It was about $28/ gallon and took about 6 qts
to do the job. I think an unrepainted spider could be done with a gallon,
easy.
     Thanks for the tip on tinting the high build primer, I will do it. I
like having colored primer incase of a stone chip. I just cannot remove the
engine and tranny for now...... but on those cold winter nights...... thats
when I will be glad to do it.
     I certainly appreciate your tip on cleaning with thinner before sanding,
I have been worried about the Meth. Chloride residue, that should take care
of it! I have used base coat clear coat successfully by sanding the base coat
after a day or two before the clear goes on. I think the key is a very light
first coat of clear to soften the base. You have me thinking though. I will
confer with PPG. I will be using an opaque, non metallic paint so sanding it
will look fine. Cant do it with pearl or metallic..... dont ask me how i
know.
      Thanks once again for the tips!
            randy