Re: alfa-digest V8 #847

In a message dated 6/21/2002 7:45:55 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
owner-alfa-digest@domain.elided writes:

> The white is primer, not plastic.  I have had good luck cleaning
> wheels in my glass bead cabinet.  Use glass beads, not aluminum oxide as
> the
> latter is too aggressive.  Then primer and paint.  Spray bomb will work
> fine
> and holds up OK.  I use Dupli Color DAL 1679 Silver Metallic.  Close to
> correct color and commonly available.
>        Or for a longer lasting finish at greater cost, have them powder
> coated.

I repainted the wheels on the GTV6 (they are also NOT plastic but the McCoy):
cleaned them up as well as possible, sprayed with silvery metallic "engine
paint" and clear coated.  This has held up very well for several years (2
sets of tires).

Charlie
LA, CA, USA