RE: GTA article in Forbes

Well, it's about the GTAm.  I'm amazed it sold for such
a low low price of $50k. I would think they're more
valueable than GTA's, and perhaps much more car to
drive.  220hp?  True, they are not eligible for most of
this country's vintage racing sanctioning body's, being
too new, but man, what a thrill ride.  You could show up
at any track days of a competing marque and make a
rather large impression.
They have what it takes to be a blue-chip collectable,
with their own great history, rarity, performance, and
looks.
I've got a 3-day driving permit on my GTA, and it's
getting worked on all three days.  I had some mods to
the roll cage done to prevent my head from snapping back
over my low-back racing seat, had the battery tray
gussetted up, and today it's getting aligned.  Going for
1/8" toe-in to try to stop the new bias-ply tires
propensity to tramline.  This car is driving me, I'm not
driving it!
I was able to pick up a low-mount GTA rear anti-sway
bar, and will see if I can get that hooked up within the
next two weeks.  The biggest race of the year, the 4th
of July Historics is at Pacific Raceways July 5-7 this
year, in Kent, WA.

Cheers!

Steve Schaeffer
Seattle, WA
'65 GTA

<clip>
There is a small article on Forbes.com by Pat Braden
about the GTA (the
original):

http://www.forbes.com/2002/06/10/0610vow.html

Cheers,