Spider middle muffler

     My 91 Spider Veloce has a stock exhaust with a straight pipe replacing the rear muffler.  You can almost hear the exhaust, but it is still too quiet.
     My 82 Spider Veloce has a straight pipe in the center with a burned out Ansa rear section.  It also has a burned out "catalyst test pipe" in the front section.  It makes less noise than an Harley and therefore, must be legal, right officer???
     The point is, the Alfa center muffler does most of the work.  Even though it is a straight through design (run a wire through it to confirm that) it is very quite.  I do not suggest replacing the center muffler with a straight pipe.  Use a glass pack or a turbo style muffler in the center for a better sounding exhaust.

Ciao,
Russ Neely
Oklahoma City