Milano fan wiring

Joe wrote....

Date: Wed, 19 Jun 2002 21:18:11 -0400
From: Joe Elliott <jee@domain.elided>
Subject: Milano fan question

Can someone tell me how the Milano fan is wired?  The fan in my
buddy's Milano isn't coming on and the fan works, but I can't figure
out how it's wired to correct the problem.  Just shorting the
thermoswitch doesn't seem to do it.  I'm getting continuity to ground
on one pin of the thermoswitch connector, AND one pin of the fan
connector, so I'm a little confused.

Thanks,
Joe

The main bit that you havent looked at is the relay.
Power feeds to the relay coil then from the other side of the coil to the
thermoswitch. The thermoswitch switches to ground operating the relay.
Power also feeds to the relay contacts. When the relay switches on it feeds
power to the fan, the other side of which is ground.
Clear enough?
Looks like you need to find the relay and check it out.

The relay might have the pins function marked on it so you can check for
voltage at the coil terminals with the thermoswitch shorted. If you get
volts there push the relay back in and it should click. If it doesnt you
might have a bad connection which drops the voltage under load. Check the
voltage with the relay in. If it is low you need to find a wiring fault.
See below.

If the relay clicks in you should have power feeding into the relay contact
and power feeding out. No power in could be the fuse or a broken wire. No
power out is a bad relay or relay socket.

If the voltage across the relay is low check both sides voltage to ground.
If both sides are high voltage then the problem is towards the switch, if
both sides are low then the 'lectric is restricted on its way to the relay.
this could be a loose connection, dirty fuse or similar.
HTH