oil capacity

I'd wager that a four-cylinder Alfa holds more oil than any comparable
displacement street automobile engine.  I sold my 78 Spider recently to a
guy used to a Honda Civic, and he was floored that an oil change was going
to cost him seven quarts instead of three or four, the more common amount
for most 2.0ish modern engines, I think.

I believe traditional small-block Chevys take five quarts, regardless of
displacement, all of which were at least twice (and in many cases more than
three times) the displacement of a four-cylinder Alfa.

Bet a stock 1600 SP VW bus engine takes less than just about anything (2 1/2
quarts, no filter), other than maybe a lawn mower or Cox .049 engine.

Andrew Watry