AROC Technical Library / restoration biz

In #838 Fred lets everyone know that, "Almost all technical manuals AND
WIRING diagrams are available from Ed
Geller.  The Club is selling copies to anyone, even non members.  Call
1-877-399-AROC Fred Di Matteo  AROC Technical Advisor"

*********

I'm quite sure it was a bit of a slam to me since I was asking for huge
amounts of money to 'sell' information regarding the wiring for a '69
Spider Round-Tail's emergency flasher 'system'.

Unless in the archives there are wiring diagrams for all Alfas,
especially '69 Spiders which includes the specific number / designation
/ position of where EACH wire goes on the switch, flasher, emergency
flasher relay, and emergency flasher unit (yes all of the preceding) and
you have ONLY one wire out of it's correct position, you too will be
spending countless hours finding its correct 'home'.

Well aware Fred and others are virtually electrical geniuses, but bet I
could switch two or three wires around on the above discussed system and
ANY one of them will be scratching their heads for a long, long time.

It's no better on later Spiders and I assume any Alfa. Since the wiring
diagrams simply do not include these seemingly minor but in reality very
important numbers, you're pretty much screwed should you mis-number or
mis-position when assembling a wire. There is, to the best of my
knowledge, no information regarding these important numbersanywhere.

Would love to be proved wrong. Anyway caring to undertake this challenge
please answer the following: Where does the red/black wire go on the
flasher switch; where does the gray/black wire go on the emergency
flasher unit; which wire goes to P on the flasher? Of course you've
figured out which is the flasher, which is the relay, and which is the
emergency flasher unit?

********

Admittedly not much of a trade-off, especially to this group of
do-it-yourselfers, but should someone bring their '69 Spider or be
helpful in having a '69 ripe-for-restoration Spider brought to Biba
Restorations for restoration, I'll be more than happy to finish
'coloring in' the 21" x 15" b/w 1750 Spider wiring diagram, correcting
the emergency flasher system, and make the color diagrams available for
cost + donate several to the AROC library. Hint: One does not (should
not) draw the emergency flasher system in profile then leave out the
precise designations as to where each wire goes.

Time permitting I'd also like to give a detailed how-to regarding the
'proper' (my opinion) procedure in rebuilding the braking system for
these cars. I have considerable information regarding similar boosters
gleaned from a Honda shop manual. For those who want to know why (as
opposed to where) something goes where it does, this might be
interesting info. Not being a hydraulic engineer, I'd want to run it by
someone who is knowledgeable with the Alfa system.

Back to the restoration part. A ripe-for-restoration Spider is not a
rust bucket or been in anything approaching a major accident and should
also be complete. Thought I had a project lined up, but couldn't quite
afford to do a 100 pt. restoration for around $7.5k. (Let's see now, my
paint and body supply costs would be over $2k, would spend over three
months on this 'area' alone, then have the time spent dismantling,
refurbishing everything, then installingdon't think so).

Bottom line is I made the decision about nine years ago to 'stay afloat'
by working on interesting carsespecially Alfas. By chance it appears
that Spiders seem to either need the most work, or their owners are
(thankfully) more inclined to pay to have them brought back to what they
once were (or even somewhat better).

Having an unusual version of X-ray vision, want you all to know I saw /
heard all of those thumb and first finger violins screeching away in the
background.

Biba
Irwindale, CA USA