164 TS Slipping Clutch

Lassi says

"but: in the higher gears the clutch slips when i press the throttle hard,
amount seems to vary a bit but i'm not sure. the clutch did definetely not
slip before the 8months of not driving. any ideas"

If you are sure it did not slip before the lay-up period then my bet would be
on corrosion/seizure in the master/slave cylinder stopping it from engaging.
It could be oil seepage onto the clutch plate as the seal at the end of the
crank could have shrunk through drying out and now allows oil through it onto
the clutch...............Its guesswork either way, but my inclination is
towards the master /slave cylinder theory. Change the fluid and keep using it
gently and see if it clears. Try not to spin the clutch. If there is no
improvement it will need stripping.   Its impossible to say if you need a new
clutch until you can see the old one, which is a bit self defeating I know,
but I can't think of another way of being sure.

Tim Hancock

164TS Lusso
164 Super 24V