164 Cam Seal replacement Help?

I am in the process of replacing my cam seals on my L. To remove the
rear pulley, I tried jacking up the engine (after detaching shifter
linkages, alternator, both passenger side motor mounts, and removing some
stuff on the driver's side to facilitate the whole process. I can't seem
to get the engine high enough to get the pulley off. Perhaps I will have
to disconnect the Cat from the flexhoses next. In any case, does anyone
have any experience doing this and can provide some suggestions?

thanks,

Karl
'91 164L (I try to replace cam seals)
'95 164Q (cam seals replaced by alfa mechanic)
http://alfalover.dhs.org