SPICA fuel cutoff microswitch replacement?

my 74 spider's fuel cutoff circuit isn't working properly. I had it in
Bruce Metras' shop in San Rafael (good guy) and trust him when he says the
solenoid and rest of the circuit is fine and that the problem is most
likely the microswitch.

How difficult is it to fix the microswitch? How involved is it? Or is this
the time to consider a conversion to carbs? I was actually hoping to keep
the SPICA going for a bit longer.

Right now I just put up with the occasional barking. I've gotten where I
can usually keep from a full backfire "POP" in most driving.

I'm just trying to get a handle on how big this problem is. My cousin
drove the car from CA to TX for me (moving) and reported that my nicely
running Spider doesn't run so nicely right now--acting like one cylinder
doesn't want to fire or is getting fouled. Not sure what it is yet, but he
seemed impressed by the car overall.

Nothing like cruising about 70 mph and getting 28mpg (25mpg on the
hilly/windy stretches of road). No oil pressure problems (though he says
he added STP oil treatment to the engine, on top of the 20w50). And, even
when driving through the desert during the hottest part of the day the
temp guage barely moved past the 180 mark. Used about a quart of oil for
450-500 miles of constant driving. Does all that sound on par for a spider
of this vintage?