re: Weber carb adjustment

Antonio wrote:

The key may lie in the fact that the car was previously fuel injected.
The Spica injected car requires something like 60psi of fuel pressure
and has a high pressure pump located near the fuel tank/spare tire well
under the car.  Carburetted cars only require something like 4-10psi.
60 psi? I could certainly be wrong, but the Spica car's "low fuel pressure" light goes out between 7 and 9 psi, so 60 psi sounds a little high. I think the issue is more one of the volume of fuel the pump can move; something like .6 gallons/minute, enough to fill your little float chambers about 50 times over.

Otherwise I'd agree with Antonio's advice -- a fuel pressure regulator will allow you to adjust the feed pressure to your carbs, and a lower volume pump would make life simpler too.

Tony
Portland, OR
70 2800CS