Webber vs. Dellortos

I have to disagree, have just built a 2.0 with 40mm Webbers.  400mm are easy to setup and adjust than 45mm because all the stock factory settings are based on 40mm and based on 40mm Webbers.  Alfa's didn't come with 45mm carbs nor Dellortos.  My friend has a Duetto with 45mm Dellortos on a 2.0 liter motor and the damn things just won't setup correctly.  Where as mine set to stock specs (with euro cams) "sings".  Everything on my car was set to factory specs and it only took alittle adjustment to get them "singing".

That's my experience with carbs.  I know the Dellorto was the original designer on the side draft Webbers and he later had a fight with the Webber people and started his own company "Dellorto" and improved on the design.  So I guess that would make the Dellorto's a "better"??? carb???

Alan
88 Milano 3.0
87 Spider Quad
88 Spider Grad with 40mm carbs