Re: HVAC Removal on GTV6

"Not accessible" is a matter of opinion, I guess. I've removed the lower half of the HVAC box to replace/monkey with the blower motor twice on my GTV6. Major PITA, yes; impossible, no. ;-) (Although I'm not sure I bothered putting the rear clips back on the second time...)

--On Thursday, June 13, 2002 4:15 AM -0400 alfa-digest <owner-alfa-digest@domain.elided> wrote:

Date: Wed, 12 Jun 2002 23:10:32 -0500
From: Scott Swanberg <sswan60@domain.elided>
Subject: Re: HVAC Removal on GTV6

Hey, I just did this!  The fan box is attached to the top of the sloping
firewall by four bolts on the top outside of the box.  The bolts are
visible if you lay on your back and look up under the dash.  The only
thorough way I could see of removing this bolts was by removing the
dash.  Do not try to separate the lower half of the box in place.  There
are three clips on the back that are not accessible when the box is in
place.

To remove the dash, first remove the drivers and center instruments,
then the top air vents.  Removing the top air vents will reveal two
bolts attaching the dash to the firewall.  There is also two bolts on
the sides visible from under the dash.  The bolt on the drivers side
(North American) has a bunch of ground wires hooked up to it.  The dash
should then come out and you will have reasonable access to the four fan
box bolts.

Did I miss anything?

Scott in MN