Re:TS = more power?

Greg sez:

BZZZZT.

[snip]
Any claim that a shorter flame travel/shorter burn time does not increase
power and efficiency to a reasonably significant degree simply demonstrates
a deep ignorance of pretty basic thermodynamic principals!
BZZZZT. Anyone who doesn't consider the cost benefit ratio of differing approaches to producing more power demonstrates a deep ignorance of basic economic principals.

I'm sure that the bigger valves were the driving force behind the twin spark head. All the dyno charts I've seen bigger valves have very significant impact on high-rpm power production. The better combustion characteristics of the twin spark were gravy compared to the better breathing of the bigger valves. They probably wouldn't have bothered to add all that complexity if they already had the big valves.

--Mark
--I didn't like the tone of your message so I decided to feed it back to you.