Re: 1973 GTV numbers

Thanks to Erik Woods and John Hertzman for providing the VIN ranges
(what a great resource the digest is).  I'm comfortably within the 1973
range according to d'A & T and ARI.  Alex Gouras also little 'r'-ed me
with the VIN range for '73's in his register and in I'm there too.
Another digesti emailed me a couple more identifiers of the '73 GTV:  14
gal vs. 12 gal tank (forgot about that one - have the 14 gal.) and one
I've never heard:  The idiot light gauge pod lights have symbols on them
for the '73 vs. English on the '74.  I have English on my lights and I'm
99% sure it hasn't been swapped.   Another identifier which I was
corrected on the digest by Jack Hagerty many years ago, is the 2 piece
lap & shoulder belts of the '73 vs. the integrated lap & shoulder belt
of the '74.  I have the funky 2 piece belts.

Also, according to Ms. Ruocco, my car was 'sold to Alfa Romeo from
Frankfurt, Germany'.  When I bought the car, the PO said it was
purchased by a serviceman in Europe in 1973 and shipped over to NV where
it was first registered in 1974.  The PO's family bought the car in 1976
and relocated it to CA where it remained until I bought it in Jan. 1992
and brought it back to Seattle.  I know we talked about the 'sold to'
location before on the digtest, but I can't seem to locate the thread.
BTW, there is a picture of Ms. Ruocco at
http://www.motorlegend.com/dossiers/retrospective/saga_alfa/alfa47.php.

Cheers,
John
Seattle, WA