1988 Spider A/C

By 1988, A/C was a factory option, not a dealer installed option on Spiders.
I'm sure someone else can chime in, but I believe that Spider Veloces had
A/C standard, and I'm not sure whether the Graduate was still in production
on not by then (A/C was optional on the Graduate).  Spiders, if they were
available in that year, also would have offered A/C as a factory option.

If your thought is that the A/C has been removed by a DPO, the first item
I'd check is to see whether the condenser and electric fan are still in
place forward of the radiator.

IIRC, (germane to another post on a recent Digest), if you request the fax
concerning what the factory knows about a particular car (first owner, build
date, etc.), I think they tell you was the factory installed options were.
Perhaps someone can confirm this?

Bill Bain
AROC Atlanta
'83 Spider Veloce (but the A/C doesn't work)
'87 Milano Silver (working A/C, but my son's boss backed into it at work and
put the friggin' trailer hitch on his monster pick'em-up truck through the
front grill and radiator)