re: wet floor in milano

Steve,

It's very likely that the water is not draining properly where the windshield meets the hood. That is where you will find the ventilation system's fresh air intake. When this area gets clogged with debris, the water drains back into the intake, fills up the fan area, and then spills/leaks onto the passenger floor.

If you look in the left side of the passenger floor area, you will see a small trapdoor, that controls whether or not air is recirculated. Push open this door, and reach inside. You will likely find a big pile of leaf mush and water. Clean this out, using a vacuum as necessary. Dry leaf litter, and the fan speed control should not mix. It has been known to cause at least one fire that I know of.

Then clean out the area in front of the windshield. You may wish to fit some wire mesh over this area to prevent the leaves from clogging it again.

Do you best to dry out the car as thoroughly as possible... You don't want to deal with the rust like I had to deal with.

--Mark