twin plug power - GTA update

Hey All,
This is a good time for me to chime in with a GTA update.
The engine has been together for about a month.  She
started right up, so it was time for a race.  I raced it
3 weeks ago at Mission, BC, an airport track.  It was
nothing but rain, but she ran like gangbusters, but I
had no rain tires, so...
Last Friday the NWARC had a track day at Pacific
Raceways (old SIR), I figured if the engine held
together during this event, I'd pronounce it safe and
sound.  Well, at the end of the day... she had oil
pressure!  This is more than I could say last year with
my fresh engine after one day at the track.  It would
appear I was successful in removing the shot peen
material from the motor.  I'll keep my fingers crossed,
but it's looking good.
Let me tell you, this little 1600 makes prodigious
power.  The car weighs 1860lbs w/o fuel, but with oil
and water.  I would expect anywhere from 160-170hp at
the flywheel, but will take it to a dyno shortly.
Compared to my 1600 GTV which I raced, it's
significantly more powerful.  I couldn't imagine a
better sounding 4-cylinder, either.  She makes her power
all at the upper end, a realistic 7200rpm, although I'm
indicating 7800rpm.  It's great fun to bury the
optimistic 220km/h speedo at the end of the straight, as
well!  I dusted a nicely prepped 3.0 Milano down that
straight as well.
There's a new GTA in Seattle, a brilliantly prepared one
previously owned by Nino Epifani of Berkeley, CA. We
actually we able to go at it for a few laps together.  I
very much enjoyed chasing my twin around the track. We
are closely matched.  Ought to put on a great show at
the upcoming 4th of July Historics.
I am running brand new Hoosier Street TD's, a bias ply
tire.  These things tramline like I've never seen.  May
have to try a little less toe-out.
I am getting used to adjusting my rear Dunlop brakes
after every session.   Easy to tell if they're working
after a session by just feeling the wheel to see if it's
hot or cold.
I'm using Lodge 2HL plugs in the head, just 'cause it's
fun!
Cheers,

Steve Schaeffer
'65 GTA