Jeff's wheel mounting

Jeff said:

One more possibility... my 164 had this problem... I had the wheels balanced
and double-checked the balancing twice... it has non-original alloy wheels
and it turned out that they do not centre themselves perfectly on their hub
unless I take great care when tightening the wheel bolts. I have to tighten
them each progressively while rotating and thumping the wheel, doing one
bolt then its' opposite, then the next etc. Fixed it for me!

jeff
--

Jeff, that is the proper way no matter the wheel source or lug number.
Really the only way to effectively center the wheel and also not jam it

AD

--
Adam S. Doherty
Howard Hughes Medical Institute