TS= power?

Fred, is this a question?

If it is, then, yes, IF DONE RIGHT, it will make more power.

Especially in a combustion chamber like the Alfa, where the actual flame travels in something that looks like a shell of a ball- the final flame distance is quite large, and it takes a little longer to burn than a flat chamber (relatively speaking).  The TS initiates the flame in 2 places, which actually moves the ideal ignition point closer to TDC, since it will burn the whole thing a little quicker.

I remember John Hoard working on a head gasket that had 4 spark plug ends in it, and when it finally ran, it did give better brake spec. power.  Didn't run long, as they miscalculated the heat range of these plugs...

If I'm not mistaken, the Alfa TS takes advantage of the bigger valves as well.  But I don't think the Nissan TS or the Ford TS did (both used TS motors in compact pickups).

Eric Storhok
Core Emissions and Fuel Economy Team
Advanced Powertrain Engineering
(313)33x75011