What's my speed?

Hey, kids -

I know that someone posted all this on the Digest a couple of years ago,
but I managed to lose my printout of it: what are the speed-in-gear
figures for the 2.0 Berlina? Neither it nor the Milano have a working
speedometer, though the tachs are functioning nicely, and I have
confirmed (by way of those little speed-radar carts the police set up
around town) that mph/rpm for the Milano is right at 18/1000 in 4th and
22/1000 in 5th. I suspect the Berlina is more like 16 and 20, but I
don't drive it frequently enough to have encountered a radar cart. I was
thinking of calling the Pasadena cops and asking if and where they had
one set up, but I'm afraid they might think I was abusing their
equipment...not to mention admitting to driving a "defective" car.

By the way - getting back to the chat about Lancias and rust, I recall
having read something about how Fiat was buying a lot of really lousy
recycled steel back in the '70s, and this was why so many of their cars
rusted away so quickly. I do know that the Betas were particularly bad
about it, and this was what caused Lancia to pull out of the UK market
completely. Since this is hardly Alfa content, anyone who can set me
straight on this topic should probably just email me directly.

Will Owen
'87 Milano Gold
'72 Berlina Red
Coming soon: Citroen DS21 (yikes!)