When is a 164 not a 164?

Thermo Switch. Remove the small plastic cover adjacent to the drivers side
headlamp(1 sheet metal screw). Replaced with late model VW Golf switch 85-93
which comes on at 79C & 85 C. Behr 321 959 481 M. VW-Wahler Thermoswitch for
164
-----

No, I don't want some "whine" with my cheese, but as a '95 164LS (24v Super)
owner, I often see generic "164 advice" that applies only to the earlier
cars.

It would be helpful to specify what year your car is and/or specify the part
number of the part being removed or upgraded so I can determine if it is
applicable to my car as well.

(always grumpy in the morning, time for a second cup of coffee)

Karl