door dings

In a message dated 06/04/2002 10:19:33 PM Central Daylight Time,
owner-alfa-digest@domain.elided writes:

> Date: Tue, 4 Jun 2002 19:48:31 EDT
> From: MHumphr789@domain.elided
> Subject: door dings
>
>     I have a few dings in the doors of my '73 GTV and I want to have them
> removed without damaging the original paint.  I spoke to a good alfa shop
> and
> they suggested Dent Wizard.  Has any one out there had any experience with
> them?  Any other suggestions?
>     Thanks,
>             Michael

       None of the dentless guys I talked to wanted to mess with my 91
spider.  Seems the paint is 12 years old and they did not want to take the
risk of having to pay for repainting the car.  They would no even try when I
told them I would not hold them responsible if the paint was damaged.  I
ended up having a regular body shop take out the dent and repaint the fender.
       I got the impression they take no risks and have all they can do
working on new cars with still flexible paint.  I bet no one will mess with
the 28 year old paint on your GTV.

Ciao,
Russ Neely
Oklahoma City