Re: valves

Michael,
       Bingo!  Another example of why a "good mechanic" is not necessarily a
"good Alfa mechanic"!  (I know Fred is lurking out there somewhere.)  I had
the same problem with my shims.  Once bitten, twice shy!  This is good
information to any newbies to the list - either find an EXPERIENCED Alfa
mechanic, or learn on your own with help from the list.

Cheers,
Charlie