FS: 1973 GTV2000

I am selling my GTV2000 since its primary driver, my son, bought himself a car (1984 SAAB 900 turbo) large enough to carry his things back and forth to college and it isn't being driven much any more. Like most Alfas of this age, it has both its good and bad points. It drives very well, has a good strong engine, and has been serviced and repaired by Alfa mechanics in San Francisco by the PO and by Phil in Santa Cruz the past two years that I have owned the car. Parts I have replaced are the rear wheel bearings, put on a new exhaust sytem, new clutch slave cylinder, new brake master cylinder, new flex coupling. I have also expunged the electrical gremlins that were the cause of many non-functional items on this car when I bought it. The throwout bearing is noisy and the clutch will have to be replaced in the near future (I have been saying that for the last 3000 miles, but it hasn't gotten any worse). There is a vibration in the drive shaft at about 40 mph, most likely the center bearing support, which is worn, or the u-joints. It isn't too bad from my perspective, and I have gotten to the point where I don't notice it (I expect it ?). I have posted pictures at homepage.mac.com/jbregman/PhotoAlbum2.html and try to show the major areas of the body that could use attention. This car could easily be a daily driver, and I would be tempted if I didn't commute with 4 other people--it would be a bit tight.

I would like to get $4200 for it, but I am willing to negotiate, especially if an Alfisti were interested since one of the reasons that I bought this car was that I felt I was rescuing it from someone who didn't appreciate it enough to take care of it.

I am in Santa Cruz, CA, and can be reached via e-mail at jbregman@domain.elided

-Jesse