Drain Plugs...

Hi all...

My '78 Alfetta GT has a stripped 27mm oil drain plug.  I ordered a new one
but both the guy on the phone and myself didn't specify/ask for size.  Short
story shorter:  I got a 22mm plug.  Before I go and get the old one off I
would like to know if anyone out there knows if the 22mm will work on my
car.  My gut says no way, but a guy can hope...

Thanks in advance,
Steven