intake manifold 2.0

I'm still trying to find out what to do with my intake manifold situation.
To reassess: I am replacing my intake manifold on my 78 Alfetta Sedan. The
replacement manifold I have is slightly different than the one I took off
the car. The one that came off the car has what appears to be a vacuum line
that screws into the front of the manifold, right behind the throttle body.
So, I am wondering if I need the vacuum line (not sure what its for
actually), or if I can drill and tap the replacement manifold (it actually
has a spot on the casting for that).

Any thoughts?

Thanks,

Ted