Clutch master/slave on 116GT

Todd -

The clutch master cylinder is on the outside of the passenger
compartment, but inside the engine compartment.  It is very likely that
it could be leaking.  No surprise these, at least.  What may dismay, is
that it has been suggested by some that you should consider replacing
the slave at the same time.  What happens is that with a new master, the
slave ends up working in a range that it hasn't in a while.  Result is
that the seals, which are probably marginal due to age, get gouged, and
start leaking.  This is the way it was described to me.

If you replace the master, and everything else holds together, ignore
this caveat.  If you need a slave cylinder in the near future, then at
least you had a heads-up.  I'd say to buy the master now, because you
know you need to.  Just be prepared to buy the slave for the if-and-when
of it all.

ps - Where in the world are you located?  We'd all like to know.
If you are in Southern California, then welcome to our club area.
Wanna' join?

Ciao

Jay Negrin
76 Alfetta GT