Track Day in Estoril circuit (Portugal)

Hi there Alfisti,

I don't write normally to the list, but I4ll try to share this experience
with you guys and try to get some advises.

I'm no professional pilot, I like speed and I have experience in Estoril
circuit, because I had participated in some motorbikes Track Days,  so the
trajectories were no totally unfamiliar to me.

I have a 1991, 75 2.0 TS, with Tar-Ox disk brakes with 42 slices, DOT 5
racing brake fluid, steel lines, Bilstein shocks, Einbach rear springs and
Einbach 24 mm torsion front bar.
The car is much better, 4 mm lower, a lot stiffer, and handles a lot better
in turns. Tyres were some Bridgestone Potenza 720, 195/60/14 with 42 PSI.

I did just 2 shifts, the firs one I took a friend of mine, who is a
professional pilot, I learned a lot about breaking points, corner entering
speed, and trajectories. I think I improved over 10 seconds due to his help.
I was braking to late and entering the corners to soon, maybe anxiety crisis
hehehehe... and that made the car lose the front a bit, and I had to slow
down loosing a lot of time. When I started to brake better, and getting the
corners later, I was able to do the corners on the apex and I came out a lot
faster. Some turns I used to brake, with correct attitude I was doing them
flat out by the end of the session. Pure adrenaline. Hehehehehe

Estoril (4.5 kms) circuit is very technical, for what I've read, but it is a
lot of fun. It as a long strait about 900 meters with a 2nd shift slow hard
right turn, and also two long parabolica stile turns (one to the left,
another to the right) were you go on a never ending turn at speeds between
110 - 150 km/h... the approach to the new "variante" is breath taking.. I
loved it.

Anyway, after this experience I would like to improve my 75, I was thinking
in buying some 1644 wheels to accommodate some 205/45/16 slick tyres, what
you think? Anyone knows were I can get these kind of wheels?

I also was thinking if there was anywhere, a racing gear box and
transmission? Maybe some here from Italy could help me there, no?

I wanted to change this stuff before upgrading the engine.

Anyone wants to give me some suggestions to what I could do to improve the
car? As next Track Day in Estoril Cicuit will be August 4th. Anyway I as
also thinking I going to Jarama, Madrid. Anyone here usually goes there?

I4ll appreciate any help someone could give me, because I'm an absolute
amateur, that happens to have fun driving fast and prefers to do it in a
Alfa Romeo.

Cheers
MIG
"May the Force be with you!"