Alfa left in 1995,Ferrari sighting

I believe that December 31, 1995 was the official exit of Alfa from the US market. Now whether they had actually shipped cars to the US that arrived after that who can say. But I thought there was some legal deadline that made getting out on or before Dec 31 in a year important so I think they stopped importing by that deadline.

Today I saw a Ferrari F40 in the flesh (in Ferrari red), and heard it: start, rip up and down the throttle a bit, and take off.....truly unbelievably delicious sound. Imagine ferro reinforced concrete being ripped up like cardboard and you get the idea. Unlike the Ferrari 12 sound and more like a F1 engine. Twin intercooled turbo V8 under a glass rear hatch with the turbo blow off valve in the center of the rear of the V between the twin Medusa nests of manifold and downpipes on each head. Beautiful touch is the air duct extension from the fresh air intake to scoop up the air blown out of the blow off valve. Plus there are three exhaust outlets in the rear fascia, one for each bank of cylinders and a combined one in the center for the two turbo wastegates! Very neat and, well, unbelievable to look at. Pirelli PZero giallo tires and one piece racing seats, etc etc

Cheers

Michael

C M Smith
(403) 282 9740