Date: Wed, 29 May 2002 11:04:12 +0100
From: "Nick Koleszar" <npk@domain.elided>
Subject: My UK insurance findings.

For the UK people here,

I just re-insured my Giulia Super and here's what I found:
<snip>

Most expensive quote was from Lancaster, cheapest from Peter Best.

List of quotes (in UK pounds):

Lancaster 307
RAC Classic 257
Graham Sykes 256
Firebond 235
Classicline 172
Nortons 170
Lynbrook 129
Peter Best 128

The AROC UK club insurance agents, yet again, were a failure. It's a
most bizarre arrangement. You ring Westbury and they tell you to call
Chris Knott. You call Chris Knott and they tell you to call Nortons who
end up being ok but still not competetive.
<Snip>

I have to say that virtually all of the brokers were very pleasant and
easy to deal with. I had to wait a long time on hold for a couple of the
more expensive quotes. Nortons, Lynbrook and Peter Best, as far as I was
concerned were all in with a shout.

The clincher was that Peter Best place the cover with Ecclesiastical. I
hope that, being Church-related, that Ecclesastical will be decent
should any claim arise. In addition, I got free glass cover (no excess)
and only a #50 excess. They also let me split the premium in 3 chunks
which really helps even with such a small premium. Peter Best are also
in Maldon, Essex so if they screw up, I just blast up the M25 and give
em a slap!
<snip>