re: refurbishing ugly plastic bumpers on a '78 Spider

Andy- Here's a tip I learned from a non-Alfa user group, but HAVE NOT
personally tried, so proceed accordingly. Reportedly, Kiwi brand leather dye
works beautifully to restore the faded color from plastic bumpers, much
better than commercially available automotive products, and is available at
your local grocery outlet for about $4.00 US. Applying the dye in a
continuous motion, without stopping for too long will yield the best
results, and prevent a "line" where you paused in your application process.
Also, recoating the next day helps to darken the surface and even out any
irregularities. Again reportedly, will not smudge or come off on clothing,
etc, after drying.  You might give it a try in an inconspicuous place, then
do the whole enchilada if it works well. Please report back with your
results, if you should decide to try it.
Re: '78 upper center chrome piece, I also have a '78, and I've not been able
to find either the upper OR lower front grille bits from ant of the usual
suspects. If anyone on the list has them, and is willing to part with them
for a reasonable sum, please email me offlist. Best of luck with the
beautification efforts!  -P-