From: George Schweikle
To: Dana Loomis
Sent: Tuesday, May 21, 2002 8:55 PM
Subject: Axle ratios

Dana,

I purposely changed from a 4.56 to a 4.11 in order to extend the usable speed
range of 2nd gear in Solo 2 events, and not have to shift back and forth
between 2nd and 3rd gear so much. I think this added 8 MPH at 7000 RPM. A
Cincinnati Alfa shop sold me a complete axle out of a late 80's Spider, so
maybe the change was just before the Series 4 cars.

George Schweikle
Lexington, KY

(snip) Subject: Spider rear axle ratios

Anyone know which years the 2-liter Spider had a taller rear axle ratio
than the 4,55 that was used in the '60s and early '70s?  As I recall, at
some point they went to a 4.10 or lower, which I want to avoid.

Thanks,
Dana Loomis
66 and 71 Giulia Supers
71 GT Veloce