Kawasaki GSX-750

Just for the record, a GSX of any kind -- 600, 750, or 1000cc -- is made by Suzuki and not Kawasaki (although they've apparently decided on a joint-operating agreement sometime in the near future).

A few years ago I owned a Yamaha FZ750.  Although it was a "good" bike, it burned oil like you wouldn't believe, refused to start when the weather was damp (we have lotsa fog here in SF), and handled only adequately (despite spending hundreds on a new shock & fork internals).  After 27K miles my Moto Guzzi Sport has given me no major headaches.  I just came back from a 1200 mile road trip to Death Valley and the Sierras.  The bike ran & handled flawlessly up & down 8000 foot mountain passes.  The Guzzi is leak free and burns NO oil.

Granted, it's not the world's most technologically-advanced motorbike, but I'd take it anywhere on moment's notice (something I'd never do on the Yamaha).

Paul cuadra@domain.elided

95 LS 5-speed
97 Moto Guzzi Sport