Cam numbers

Hey cats,

I removed my stock 74 US cams to send to Wes for
his A16 cam, and looked at the numbers. What I
see is a cast number 10548.03 200.1 but the 48
is flattened out, or ground away, and a 20 is
stamped above it. The last 1 is also flat and
a 0 is stamped in. Is this a factory thing? After
grinding the lobes, the number is edited?

I don't think I ever saw this talked about in our
cam number discussions over the years. Anyone
know anything about this?

Thanks,
Stefano
Oakland, CA