re: brake bleeding procedure

--- Dana Loomis <dloomis@domain.elided> wrote:
> Scott Fisher advised:
> >You *did* bleed the brakes by draining first both
> wheels on one side,
> >then both on the other, yes?  Spider, Berlina and
> GTV
> >dual-circuit braking systems require this
>
> Why?  In the rear, the right and left brakes are
> both on the same circuit,
> with only one line for both sides from the master
> cylinder to a junction on
> top of the axle.  In front the right and left sides
> have separate lines,
> although they are fed by the same section of the
> master cylinder.  I don't
> understand why that configuration would require
> bleeding from side to side,
> rather than rear to front, as on most other cars.

Well, considering that I'm reading from the same
resources that told me to adjust the timing chain
tension with the motor running, this may be a valid
question... :-)

Any reason not to just go around the car back to
front?  There *is* only one line to the rear axle,
even on dual-circuit cars.

Fred?  Has the two-wheels-at-once procedure been
superseded as well?

--Scott Fisher
  Tualatin, Oregon
.