SPICA tuning with an O2 sensor

I just installed an O2 sensor and I'm attempting to fine tune the air/fuel
mixture using the sensor's output.

My question is: exactly what mixture I'm I shooting for (I'm looking for max
power and still maintain good street drivability)? My initial research leads
to me to believe that I want to cheat to the rich side of "stoichiometric" ...
no?

I know that the sensor's output is far from linear (a virtual vertical line
around stoichiometric, but gently sloping at the rich and lean ends). I'm
using a VOM to monitor O2 output and I'm simply guessing that maybe ~.8v is
the "magic" number.

Also, should I see much change in the SPICA (stock pump) mixture between
normal driving and WOT?

It's my understanding the Air/Fuel meters on the market all have 10 LED
segments and are basically a volt meter measuring from .1 to 1.0 volts in .1v
increments (with buffer circuitry for closed-loop systems). If this is the
case ... those using A/F meters (and SPICA) - what LED should be lit under
normal driving? under WOT?

Any comments?

TIA,
Tim Lentz