re: Alfa Spider shimmy

BTW -- I'm saving BOTH of these postings as I'm going
to be replacing the bushings in the back of the
Berlina in the near future.

--- Dana Loomis <dloomis@domain.elided> wrote:

> George is an old hand and has probably done this
> more times then he cares
> to remember, but I use a slightly different
> approach, which might be easier.

(method saved elsewhere...)

> Having done all this, the rear axle should be
> hanging in the limit straps.

Wasn't George one of the proponents of removing the
limit straps from the rear suspension for
autocrossing?  There was some discussion a while back
with the end result being that several very successful
autocrossers (and I know George is in that camp)
removed the limit straps to keep them from lifting the
inside rear wheel on hard corners.

If so, I'll be looking over both methods but Dana's
sounds promising, as both my Alfas still have the
straps in place.  I will be going one step farther,
however, as I'll almost certainly be replacing the
trailing arm bushings as well.  Probably not for a
couple of weeks, but soon...

--Scott Fisher
  Tualatin, Oregon
.