unsophisticated?

Mr. Smith, now that the tenor of your comments has changed from pompous to
patronizing, how about educating us louts as to  what exactly qualifies as a
"sophisticated" sporting event?Could you be referring to those sophisticated
Canadians who watch snowmobile races or attend lumberjack events where guys
saw through various kinds of wood? How about those sophisticated European
fans who enjoy beating each other to death at soccer(excuse me,football)
games or standing two feet from the roadway during rally events or hanging
from billboards like bats at Monza? Or could you be referring to those
French and Spanish fans who enjoy watching guys in funny suits with tight
pants poke swords into bulls?Maybe you're referring to the British fans who
enjoy attending fairs where the events include throwing the caper and
Wellywogging(a highly complex sport where the participants try to throw a
Wellington boot as far as possible)Please,I'm just an unsophisticated
American (with a doctorate) so help me out here-what qualifies as a
sophisticated sport-polo,tennis,chess,maybe? Another question I'd really
like for you to answer-how many motor racing events have you ever personally
attended?Have you been to an F1 race?...or NASCAR?.. I've attended all kinds
of racing events and the one thing that applies to them all is that watching
them on TV does not compare to being there.Is your statement that stock car
racing is boring based on personal observation ?Finally,to all of you who
will now ask me to avoid personal attacks and/or stick to Alfa content,I
don't like SUVs either