Re: Book

>Hi all,
>
>Does anyone know the book "How to powertune AR Twin-cam engines for road and
>track" by Jim Kartalamakis? And ofcourse, is it any good?
>I haven't seen any reviews yet.
>
>Cheers,
>
>Marco

Marco,

Jim Kartalamakis used to write technical articles for "Alfista" the
magazine of the Canadian AROC. It always impressed me how knowledgeable he
was and how elegant some of the solutions he offered were to apparently
quite complicated procedures e.g. measuring lift and duration etc in cams.
Most of the stuff he wrote in those articles has been incorporated in a
very readable, well illustrated book with heaps of technical information
and snippets to satisfy any 105/115 series enthusiast. If you;'re
hesitating, I'd say .. don't! Just buy it.

one thing that irk me slightly about the book is the cover photo chosen, I
presume by the publishers. Jim says that his discussions specifically
exclude the Twinspark engine and further, all the carb discussion is on
Webers. But what do we have on the cover..? A Twinspark fitted with
Dellortos! Jeez.

Les  . to hell with team orders.