164 a/c mod one week later

Last week I had some work done to my ailing a/c, working but not blowing cold.
Since this is a peculiar fascination with me, the quest for cold air, I have
been playing with solutions. It needed a new expansion valve, typical item.

I installed a hot water shut off valve in the heater feed hose with good
results. This was a $10 fix from Home Depot. In the past week, I have enjoyed
better a/c than in the last 8 years I have owned the car. The foam flap that
borders the heater flap gives up after time and the flap functions but leaks
hot air into the system. I picked up nearly 10 degrees of "cool" ith this
valve.

Try it at your own risk.... It works in my car, maybe it will for you too.

here's a photo:
http://mastrowrx.com/bypass1.jpg

Bill

Mastro Motors Inc. 800.683.2532